Sunday 31 May 2015

Finding true love – Reflections of my journey so far in search of my Soul

Finding true love – Reflections of my journey so far in search of my Soul

The title may suggest that I am writing something spiritual, but friends, it is my own experience and in true spirits nothing spiritual about it.


My quest very much resonates with a quote by Steve Jobs “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. As with all matters of heart, you will know when you find it.” Not that I am anticipating to do something great! But I have learnt one truth, till we really achieve our true love, our soul is at unrest…Is my search for true love not over yet! It’s a question which will get answered in few years from now. I am hopeful for it! ( being a positive minded specie). At least I think so and stay in peace for some time.

I assume one day  my heart is at peace, it no longer wanders for recognition, no longer keep running from pillar to post juggling between my responsibilities of home, my son, my two equally adorable vocations; one very demanding IT profession and other equally demanding but on different notes (will be talking about it later) and other social obligations…., that day I will know I have found my true self with my true love!

In quest of my true love, two years back, I decided to give up my full time job from a very high demanding position though quite promising and lucrative… all friends congratulated me on having inner strength to take up this courageous decision and on ability of sorting on my priorities…

I was excited to pursue my dream of spending more time with my Son, making changes in the lives of the individuals by facilitating them best suited ways of learning… I became more active on social media, took up lot of social work, and became an active PTA. Anywhere anything required where I felt I can help, I was there; organizing camps for local community, hosted community events …enjoying the social life, made more friends alongside developing strategy for changing the ways of working in my organization, working ambitious plans, leading a wonderful team…with all this, being at home on certain days of week for my son. When he returns from school and having lunch with him. Happiness on his face to see me home is biggest payoffs of all….I was feeling rich in time… and enjoyed this freedom and I thought I started enjoying life.  

There was no pause, no break, I was flying high, assuming responsibilities and leading from fronts, full bubbling with enthusiasm…with a euphoria of leading a free yet successful life. In all this I was unaware my true love was brewing somewhere in the backyard of my heart and I was kind of unaware… When I look back it seems like while searching my soul I was finding many more new gems… exactly like a kid arranging his cupboard hits upon something long lost and filled up with happiness of precious lost treasure found and get engrossed with it and those sweet memories of acquiring that little red bright stone from the beach sand or that little ring dearest friend has secretly gifted…and start enjoying it and reliving those moments leaving mess of your current stuff as is....


In my quest of sorting my life priorities, I am finding many such precious gems….One of them is a bunch of my school friends. It has helped putting this rush of my quest a little break….looks like I have started sorting my priorities again and now ‘me’ is too figuring in the list, which was missing all the while…..New dreams are germinating and my quest and journey continues….    



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post and taking time to post the comment. I shall respond to you comment asap.

PS: Do mention your name when you post comment so I know, unless you intend to keep it anonymous :). In some cases comment is appearing as anonymous...

Warm regards
Smrati Mehta